3-Bean Turkey Chili
Makes 12 servings
1 serving = 196 calories, 1g fat, 20g carbs, 24g protein
- 2 lbs. extra lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2-4oz. cans of diced green chilies
- 1-15oz. can Organic Tri-Bean Blend (drained)
- 1-15oz. can Organic Black Beans (drained)
- 2-14.5oz. cans Organic Diced Tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 tbsp. Xylitol Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 3 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. dried or fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp. adobo sauce (optional)
1. In a large pot add onions and meat, sprinkled with garlic powder and cook until no longer pink (drain-optional).
2. Next add the green chilies, beans, tomatoes, xylitol and spices (except cilantro) and stir until combined.
3. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Finally, add cilantrol. Sever hot.
5. If desired, spinkle veggie shreds or a light cheese on top.