Monday, July 2, 2012

Take Me Out To the Ballgame

This weekend felt like my first real west coast weekend and like I am on my way to being a true Californian (but still keeping my strong Arkansas roots of course). 

Friday I had a wonderful time with Kati and Jay at the Dodgers vs. Mets game.  While it was a shame the home team did not win, "Take Me Out To the Ballgame" was still a blast and the post-game fireworks were a beautiful wrap to the night.  The game however definitely led to a cheat meal, gotta have a Dodger Dog (don't worry, it was all beef) but today there was a quick U-Turn to get back on the healthy track! 

After being welcomed and so well taken care of at Casa de la Kati Saturday morning we went to Super Saturday at Beachbody Corporate Headquaters.  It was so inspiring and educational!  It was great seeing the Beachbody home where the magic begins. I am ready to jump in to my business and take what I have learned to help others on their journey to their happiest and healthiest lives.  I can not wait to get started!
Kati & I in front of the Shakeology wall! Try eating all this one a day!
Saturday afternoon we did some exploring in the Santa Monica 3rd Street Promenade and we got way more than we bargained for.  We not only explored but we were unexpectedly entertained! 

This is NSK and Nugget from America's Best Dance Crew's the Ringmasters.  It was a fabulous performance and we had a great time watching!  These kids are so talented!
Our next entertainer was definitely a comedian, but more importantly he was an amazing athlete.  He really interacted with his audience and had every one in the street laughing.  This is The Candyman Eric Nash, a man of many talents and a stuntman from a few films you might have heard of including the most recent to hit the big silver screen, The Avengers. 

After a quick lunch Kati and Jay introduced me to one of the best parts of Santa Monica, the beach.  It was gorgeous!  I had been before a few years ago but I appreciated the refresher! In one direction we had the busy, glowing lights of the famous Santa Monica Pier and in the other direction the picturesque Malibu coastline.
 I could get used to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment